Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Feeling discouraged

As I sit here typing on my new iPad, I am feeling a bit grouchy! But, my blog is about honesty so here is what you get!

Despite a lot of great runs, I am feeling very nervous about this marathon. My longest run has been an 18 miler which I completed two weeks ago. However last week's long run was a 12 miler and I felt horrible. In fact, I still don't feel recovered and a new pain has started out of my butt. (I know, right.) I have always said that running is hard for me. It is not natural for me. But now those little voices of "I can't" are creeping in. Hopefully other marathoners have had this too. Hopefully they were still successful.

Only 10 more weeks of training!


4 comments:

  1. Is it your sciatic nerve? Do you go to a chiropractor? Maybe you need to treat yourself to a massage :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ill give it a few more days then doctors will be consulted!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is my take on this!! You have come very far in a little bit of time. There are victories and there are defeats, in life and on the road. Running is something we do to overcome the thoughts of "I can't," but there are always major victories that come after the discouragement. Remember a month or so ago, I too was feeling discouraged and said I want to quit this training? Well you got me through that moment with your words of encouragement and edification. Keep your head up pretty lady, you are doing an amazing job. When those thoughts of "I can't" try to take over your mind and body, be assured that you can. You once said that you would never run further than a 5k and look at you now. If running was easy, everyone would be doing it. It is a state of mind over matter or truth over fiction. It is up to you to decide which one you will believe. I am positive that I am not alone when I say "I believe in you!!" Believe in yourself, you can do this, you work too hard to believe otherwise!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Think..."this is good for body; I will have a waistline when I am my mom's age!!!"

    ReplyDelete