Friday, June 28, 2013

3rd times a charm!

As I wrote yesterday, I told you I was VERY discouraged about my training because I had twice attempted my long run and it was foiled by either extreme heat or torrential rain.  Last night I went to bed knowing that today was my last shot for this week to get this run in.  I tried to have a positive attitude.  I had my smoothie, I set out my clothes, I set my alarm for an ungodly early hour.  And I hoped for the best....

And today.....I DID IT.  It wasn't pretty.  There was a lot of sweat and even some blood involved in the process.  I did stop 3 times for various reasons.  The first time, about 10 minutes in I thought it looked like rain was immanent.  So I stopped at my parents house to check the radar.  After analyzing that for a few minutes, I continued on.  I stopped again at the Y for a potty break and water refill.  I stopped again at my house for another potty break, water refill, and Gatorade sip.  (I never was a fan of Gatorade, but I may now be IN LOVE.)  But week 4 of training is in the books and next week I will increase my long run by a mile.

Goals for next week:
-Run 15 miles.
-Get stops/water breaks in the under 5 minute range....right now I am dawdling and it's like 8-10 minutes.  You can ask most people I know....being on time is never my priority.
-Get my "getting ready for a run" to be quicker.  I just purchased some new sunscreen which is spray on instead of rub on so I am hoping that goes faster.  (Being very Irish and German, I am extremely pale.  I don't believe I have ever had a tan.  I just burn.  So I am always on the sunscreen train!  I use Neutrogena brand and love it!)

Just a little blood and sweat...
This was taken AFTER my cool-down walk and AFTER I had to
drive to my parents' house to shower because my bathroom had 2 construction
workers in it.  I didn't think it was appropriate to shower with them there! :)  The reason for
that LONG story was I look extremely sweaty after a run and in this picture I don't look THAT terrible!

Thanks for reading friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment