Thursday, June 27, 2013

UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

6/27/13
Week 4
Greatest Moment…A real girl’s great moments
Uhhhhh…feeling super discouraged about the greatest moments this week.  Greatest moment??  I  just typed this WHOLE thing and am really can’t think of anything…
Worst Moment…A real girl’s worst moments…let’s be REAL
I have TWICE attempted my 14 mile long run this week.  The first was ended at 8 because it was hot-dog-HOT.  The second ended at 6 because it was RAINING.  And not just a little rain, like “Let’s go build an ark” rain.    
Training Schedule…A real girl only has 24 hours and 7 days a week
I have made my rigid schedule more flexible.  The rain and hot have made me a mini-meteorologist and I am planning my runs around it.  I am putting my long run during the week at any point where the humidity is not at 100% and it’s not raining.  I will attempt my long run AGAIN tomorrow.  Third time is a charm right? 
Injury…A real girl gets injured sometimes…
My toenail will eventually fall off….please invite me over to your home for a pedicure session.  It won’t be gross at all.     
Nutrition…A girl has gotta eat…
I am incorporating a late night (10PM for this girl!) protein snack like a smoothie, yogurt, or cheese and crackers.  This is helping
Problems…A girl has always got problems…
-Staying hydrated on a run—I am now running with my water bottle.  I look SO cool.
-Heat—I am still a wimp here. 
Insightful Moments…Somewhere on that road a girl has got to have some great ideas
My house is getting a new roof, so I have spent the last few runs analyzing all the roofs in the local area.  Let me know if you want me to come and give you my expert opinion on your roof! J 
Fashion…A real girl loves to look good while running
I want to invent a shirt that changes colors with the more you sweat.  Or maybe the color intensifies?  Just an idea…


Like my chart indicates, I am feeling really discouraged and doubtful that this marathon is possible.  It is SO hard to get a good run in when the humidity is making the 85* temperature seem like 92*.  It's also making it really difficult to plan a long run when you know it might start pouring at ANY given point.  I don't mind a light rain.  I do mind a monsoon.  I'll try for my 14 miles again tomorrow.  If it doesn't work, then next week is a new week.  I hope.  I can do this, right?  

No comments:

Post a Comment