Sunday, December 2, 2012

Getting crafty!



So yesterday was a rough day, but I got through it!  The day started with breakfast with a friend and then I spent some time with my dad.  Then my mom and dad came over and put themselves to work on the house. We finished the evening with a family dinner at a restaurant which was fun!  As long as I stayed busy I didn't think about what the day was....too much at least.

I just have to keep remembering to move on.

So in moving on I wanted to share a craft project that I made to get in the holiday spirit!!  This blog (A Diamond in the Stuff) has TONS of great holiday ideas that are mostly DIY and not too expensive!

http://adiamondinthestuff.blogspot.com/


For a take on the "traditional" Christmas wreath, she used a frame, ribbon, and ornaments to decorate her door!  I did something similar!

I just started with a regular picture frame.  Remember how my sellers left me lots of holes in the walls?  Well a few of those holes actually still had pictures on them.  They weren't pictures that spoke to me (i.e.:  ugly...), so I selected one of the frames and took it apart!  The frame wasn't old and cool, just regular!

1st step:  The frame had a glossy coating on it, so I used my favorite DeGlosser to get the sheen off and allow the spray paint to stick better.
2nd step:  Spray paint it!

3rd step:  Start adding ornaments & bells with ribbon.  I recommend using shatter-free since it will be hanging and banging against your door.
I attached the ribbons using the flat, metal thumb tacks.  I pushed them into the back of the frame.

                           

Make sure you vary the type of ornaments and the length of the ornaments.  

Here's my finished product!!  I am not super-duper crafty or creative but I really like the way it looks.  And I already had the frame, spray paint, thumb tacks, and ornaments.  All I bought was the ribbon!  What do you think?  
Definitely use 2 door-hangers so that it hangs evenly.





1 comment: